The MIM or Master’s in Management program is a specialized postgraduate program for younger professionals with limited (usually 1-2 years) or no professional experience. It often resembles an MBA program as it typically prepares students to gain a deeper business understanding and handle various management issues in each function of the business. Students generally concentrate or specialize in one area during the program, while gaining skills to help graduates kickstart their careers in business. MIM opens up opportunities for careers in accounting, finance, international business, marketing, supply chain management, human resources, and entrepreneurship.
Why INSEAD MiM?
INSEAD is one of the world’s premier graduate business schools that offers its students a world-class educational experience. The business world is rapidly changing and global challenges require future management professionals to have the right motivation and expertise to handle complexities while balancing the impact on the community.
Also, here are some glaring points that consent to the INSEAD MIM advantage.
- The Master’s programs are top-ranked by the Financial Times.
- Students can leverage top-notch international exposure, and gain practical knowledge as they are exposed to real-life business situations.
- INSEAD learners get excellent opportunities to access top recruiters and tap into varied roles in diverse sectors
- INSEAD graduates can join a global network of 64,000+ successful alumni across 180 countries with about 168 nationalities.
With locations in France, Singapore, Abu Dhabi, and San Francisco and affiliations with top institutions, INSEAD’s top-notch business education, and state-of-the-art research cover the globe.
Key INSEAD MiM Program Details
The INSEAD MiM Program starts every year in August and is a 14 to 16-month program entailing five periods and each lasting eight weeks.
Each period comprises five weeks of teaching, career and skill workshops, and two weeks of experiential practical blocks that are designed to reinforce the concepts learned in core courses and apply knowledge to real-life business scenarios.
In the last period, students can choose electives from a variety of subjects, and the program then concludes with an exam and a professional exposure component (project).
The core program details are summed up as follows:
- 10 months of curriculum
- 12 core courses
- 10+ electives
- 5 periods
- 8 weeks for each period
- 4 to 6 months – of professional exposure
- For more details, click here.
INSEAD MiM Class Profile
The current MIM class profile (Co’2023) can give you an understanding of what you can expect when applying for the INSEAD MiM Program.
- Average age: 22
- Average work experience: 0.8 years
- GMAT Range (Middle 80%) : 620-730
- Nationalities: 35
- Percentage of women in an INSEAD MiM class: 38 %
All these details ascertain that you can expect to interact with young, zestful, and innovative brains from different parts of the world in an INSEAD MiM class. You can rest assured of holistic development and brilliant opportunities to excel in the corporate world across the globe.
INSEAD MiM Employment Opportunities
INSEAD MiM graduates get excellent opportunities to work in the top business sectors like Finance, Consulting, Technology, Health, Luxury, etc.
A few of the many top recruiters are as follows:
- McKinsey & Company
- Boston Consulting Group
- Ernst & Young
- Bain & Company
A few more lucrative statistics are:
- 99% of INSEAD’s MiM Class of 2021 received a job offer after 3 months of graduation.
- Also, the median annual base salary was USD 55,400 for the same batch.
- Minimum Educational Qualification: A Bachelor’s degree or equivalent from a recognized college/ university or that you have completed 180 ECTS.
- A good GMAT score (a percentile around 65% in both the Verbal and Quantitative sections and above five for the Integrated Reasoning part is desirable) or a good GRE score (percentiles around 80% in both the Verbal and Quantitative sections is desirable).
- English test results like TOEFL (recommended score equal to or above 103) or IELTS (recommended score equal to or above 7.5), or Pearson Test of English (PTE) Academic (recommended score equal to or above 70) if English is not your native language, or you have not received a university degree exclusively taught in English.
How to prepare for INSEAD MiM
A professional study abroad consultant like LilacBuds can help you prepare for INSEAD MiM by taking care of all end-to-end aspects associated with the application process. At LilacBuds, students receive unbiased advice and meticulous guidance in terms of test preparation, profile development, and admissions consulting. There is a free profile evaluation available, in case you want to rate your chances for the MIM program.
For more details, click here. Good luck!
Explore other MIM Colleges